When life gives you lemons, yes, we could go ahead and make lemonade. But also, lemons have many health benefits and therapeutic properties. They are the most widely grown species among the citrus group of fruits.
Lemons have been used for generations for their therapeutic properties, they are rich in vitamin B & C and have a cleansing effect on the digestive system. Lemons are a blood purifier and thereby help the body to expel toxins from the blood, they also help to clarify the skin and are useful treating various skin conditions.
Lemon’s Many Properties…
- Aids Digestion
- Natural Styptic (to use on cuts)
Lemon’s Many Uses…
- The high potassium content of lemons will encourage the heart action, so lemons are a useful tonic for anyone with heart problems.
- Lemons are a natural insecticide and will discourage mosquitoes, black flies, sand flies and house flies.
- Drink fresh lemon juice (squeeze lemon into glass of water) to cleanse the system.
- Drink lemon juice in hot or warm water first thing in the morning as a liver tonic.
- Lemon juice taken in hot water will ease stomach acidity; when drunk before going to bed it may help to relieve cramps and restless leg syndrome.
- Lemon strengthens the immune system and helps relieve the symptoms of colds and flu, and many other infections.
- Add slices of lemon to food on a daily basis to strengthen the circulatory system.
- Apply pure lemon juice to a wasp sting to relieve the pain.
Any information on our website and blog is not intended to diagnose, cure or treat any medical condition and should not be taken as a replacement for medical advice. Any person with a condition requiring medical attention should consult a qualified practitioner or therapist.