Rooibos tea offers you a new choice: a way to be healthy without compromising on the lifestyle or drinks that you love. Naturally caffeine-free it is a great alternative to coffee for those who are looking to cut out or down on caffeine.
Loaded with immune-boosting antioxidants, it also makes deliciously healthy iced teas and smoothies, bursting with flavor and pure goodness from the Earth. Plus, 100% natural, it’s perfect for the whole family.
Slow and natural growth at highest altitude develops a sweet, bold, rich-tasting tea. When prepared properly, it delivers a strong, full-bodied taste experience that captures the pure essence of rooibos tea.
Rooibos tea is very high in antioxidants. This means that, in addition to its taste, the health benefits of rooibos are concentrated making it not only special, tasty but also healthy.
Over the years, extensive research has indicated that rooibos is believed to be:
• a potent immune system booster
• anti-ageing properties
The unique antioxidants in rooibos are known to have the following beneficial effects:
• Helps soothe headaches
• Has a relaxing effect of the central nervous system
• Has antispasmodic properties and alleviates insomnia and irritability
• Helps to boost the immune system
• Acts as a digestive aid
• Helps with the relief of stomach cramps, ulcers, nausea, heartburn and constipation
• Has antiallergenic and anti-asthmatic properties. It is believed to be helpful in the management of hay fever and eczema
• Contains no oxalic acid (a toxic acid found in certain plants) and is therefore a good choice for those prone to kidney stones
• Has low tannin content, so is not bitter-tasting like other teas. It also means that absorption of iron and proteins into the body is less affected, making it particularly good for pregnant women and people who are anemic
• Helps to calm infants and eases colic in babies
• Is inherently sweet, low in calories, and can be enjoyed without sugar – making it an ideal choice for diabetics or people on calorie-restricted diets
• Is non-diuretic, i.e. a fluid replacement, so there is no limit on how much you can have in a day
Any information on our website and blog is not intended to diagnose, cure or treat any medical condition and should not be taken as a replacement for medical advice. Any person with a condition requiring medical attention should consult a qualified practitioner or therapist.